+ How do I play online?
Playing online is a big part of the fun of Blade Ballet! There are two ways to play online:
- Matchmaking: pairs you up with other players randomly based on who is playing right now
- Private Match: add your Steam or PS4 friends to a private online match. You can join our Discord community to find players (bladeballet.com/discord)
+ What controllers can I use to play on PC?
Blade Ballet was tested and guaranteed to work with XBox 360, XBox One, and PS4 controllers. We also support a variety of generic controllers, however since there are many varieties not every one may work as expected, you can reach out to us on the Steam Forums if you run into something that doesn't work.
+ Why am I getting server errors/disconnected/bad lag/etc. ?
Being disconnected from the server and other network issues happen for many reasons. Playing someone who is on a different server than you (ex. US-East vs US-West) will cause some lag, we're working on how to make this better! In the meantime, try some of these solutions to common problems:
- If you have bad lag, try customizing Blade Ballet's quality settings (you can find it through the Settings menu). Antialiasing in particular can reduce framerate significantly. Try lowering that and see if it helps.
- Wired internet connections will give you a more stable experience than wireless.
- If you are playing a private game, the host should be the person with the best internet connection
- Check out this Steam Support page for comprehensive troubleshooting if you have a lot of issues with dropped games or network connection errors: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493
+ Can I play with one controller and the keyboard on my PC?
No, not at the moment but we are working on adding this functionality in the future.
+ My Steam Link is showing a black screen when I try to play Blade Ballet, what gives?
Basically Steam link doesn't support openGL, which is the default rendering engine our game uses as well as the default for Unity. For now use these steps to force Blade Ballet to run with DirectX instead:
1) Right Click Blade Ballet in steam (If you're in steam link go to manage game right under)
2) Go to "Set Launch Options"
3) Add this line to the arguments, "-force-d3d9" without quotes
4) Start the game as normal.
This may affect the Frame Drop stage, an issue we are working on getting fixed asap. If you run into any other problems using this fix, please inform us in our Steam Forums http://steamcommunity.com/app/460750/discussions/
or in our Discord Community: http://bladeballet.com/discord
+ How do I enter Windowed Mode?
There is now a windowed mode option in the Quality Settings menu, as well as the ability the change your resolution. Go to Settings > Quality Settings and you'll find it.
+ Getting weird "Failed to fetch profile data" error?
Try restarting Steam, as this seems to be a Steam issue not a game issue. If it still persists, message us on Discord or in the forums on Steam and we'll help you troubleshoot as much as possible.
+ WHAT TH- all my skins disappeared?!
Skins are unlocked PER player slot, so P1 will have different unlocks than P2, so on and so forth. Make sure you are playing in the slot you intended. Buuuuuuut..... (see next question)
+ I'm playing online, why am I not in the P1 slot [you are seeing your username(2)]?
Occasionally, plugging in a controller while the game is already open will confuse things and set you as player 2. Try unplugging the controller, shutting the game, re-plugging the controller, and reopening the game. If all else fails, restart Steam and/or your computer. This is one of those things that isn't ideal and we intend to fix.
+ How do I stream on Twitch?
On PS4, streaming is easy!
- Start Blade Ballet
- Press the "share button"
- Select "Broadcast Gameplay"
- Make sure the account you wish to stream to is connected to your PS4, and select it.
- Start Streaming! (see? easy.)
On PC, it's a little more complicated. Here are some tips and tricks!
- You'll need a game recording software like OBS or xSplit. People prefer one or the other, for a variety of reasons. OBS is free and xSplit has a free version, but many of it's features are unlocked with a Premium account.
- If you have a microphone connected to your computer that you want to have record your voice while you stream, make sure that it is the selected device by right-clicking the volume icon in your taskbar and clicking "recording devices." Other connected USB devices can mess with the microphone (we personally had some issues with our Vive being connected at the same time as our mic) so make sure the only things plugged into your computer are what you need to stream.
+ My question isn't here! How do I reach you?
You can contact us in a variety of ways, so choose whichever is easiest!